Valuable Information Resources for Dry TImes
With many wool-growing regions across Australia still waiting for or missing significant rainfall to produce valuable winter feed, Australian Wool Innovation is reminding sheep producers of the myriad of resources available to help manage dry times.
Many publications, fact sheets, webinars and networks are available to assist producers manage through the various issues that arise with ongoing dry conditions.
Whether faced with feed budgeting, planning for extended supplementary feeding, lambing while feeding, creating containment areas, deciding which animals to sell or what fodder to buy, assessing stock water or looking for a network to join, assistance is there to help.
A central point to start for those looking for information can be found at www.wool.com/droughtresources.
AWI has an extension network in every state, created to support woolgrowers:
- Sheep Connect NSW
- BESTWOOL/BESTLAMB (Victoria)
- Sheep Connect SA
- The Sheeps Back (WA)
- Leading Sheep (Queensland)
- Sheep Connect Tasmania
Specific publications woolgrowers may be interested in accessing include:
- Drought Feeding and Management of Sheep
- Drought feeding to minimise ewe and lamb losses – a producer case study
- Stock Water - a limited resource
- Managing fodder prices for droughts
- Which sheep do I keep?
- Feeding & Managing Sheep in dry times
- Feed Budgeting for Ewe Flocks in the Dry Season
- Feeding Management of Single and Multiple Bearing Ewes
- Good pasture assessment skills & feed management = profitable sheep enterprises
- Dry Season Fact Sheets
- Water Security
- WEBINAR: How to have a successful lambing in dry conditions – Part 1 Nutrient demand
- WEBINAR: How to have a successful lambing in dry conditions – Part 2 Practical and social considerations
- WEBINAR: How to have a successful lambing in dry conditions – Part 3 Supplementation strategies
Contact: Marius Cuming Australian Wool Innovation, Corporate Communications Email: firstname.lastname@example.org