Breeding Leadership Applications Now Open
If you are passionate about your industry and want to develop your skills to make a difference in the future, this course is for you!
Why should I attend?
Breeding Leadership is designed for anyone (25 to 35 years old) currently working in agriculture with a focus on the wool industry.
Established in 2002 by the South Australian Stud Merino Breeders Association, Breeding Leadership became a national program through the Australian Association of Stud Merino Breeders in 2004. Funding for this program is now provided by Australian Wool Innovation (AWI).
Breeding Leadership is an excellent opportunity to network with over 20 likeminded people from around Australia. You will get the opportunity to learn from skilled deliverers in the areas of leadership and strategic thinking. There will also be opportunity for networking with others from the wool industry, as well as field trips to innovative businesses.
At the end of Breeding Leadership, participants will have sound leadership skills that will enable them to become enthusiastic, influential, dynamic and dedicated leaders within the wool industry.
Participants will achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Develop skills and tools to undertake planning and best practice management tasks within their business and industry groups,
- Improved knowledge of personality type including core strengths, blind spots and an appreciation of differences that can be embraced to become a successful leader,
- Develop tools and processes, including communication and problem solving, to become effective leaders within teams of all sizes and purposes, and
- Develop an action plan for one leadership role they will take within their business, work role, community or industry.
The five day program will involve the following sessions:
- Welcome barbeque
- Strategy – Understanding the big picture in your business and industry
- Understanding yourself - Explore the principle that to be the best leader you must understand yourself first
- Full day bus tour
- Working in teams - Including accountability, feedback and decision making
- The future -
For More information and to apply click here